Friday 9 February 2018

REVIEW~ I'm Travelling Alone by Samuel Bjork


When a young girl is found hanging from a tree in Oslo with an airline tag around her neck. It reads ‘I'm travelling alone'. 

Police investigator Holger Munch is immediately charged with assembling a special homicide unit. But to complete the team, he must track down his former partner, Mia Krüger, a brilliant but very troubled detective with a lot of problems who sees alcohol and prescription drugs the only way to get through each day and in saying that, Holger Munch has his own troubles too.

With Mia finally tracked down and on board the team, whilst reviewing the file, Mia finds something new in the form of a very thin line carved into the dead girl’s fingernail: the number 1.  She knows that this is only the beginning in a series of girls going missing and to save other children from the same fate, she must find a way to cast aside her own demons and stop this murderer from becoming a serial killer.

Well, I didn't like this, I absolutely LOVED this, it was full of thrills, spills, twist and turns.  Now, I will admit that I read from the start at break neck speed as it was so good but then there were a lot of characters introduced and I wasn't sure what way it was going to go but it all made sense as I turned the last page, but it slowed down a lot in the middle but then picked up again for the final 150 plus pages.  I loved Munch & especially Krüger, I felt empathy for her throughout the book with everything she'd went through.  I had my suspicions and thought I'd worked out who the killer was but I was completely wrong.  I don't want to say much more about this other than get it yourself and see what you think.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

I'm Travelling Alone is available in all good bookshops, libraries and on Kindle and is currently £4.99 at the time of publication of this review.

No comments :

Post a Comment