Friday 25 July 2014

Before I Go To Sleep by S J Watson








'As I sleep, my mind will erase everything I did today. I will wake up tomorrow as I did this morning. Thinking I'm still a child. Thinking I have a whole lifetime of choice ahead of me...'

Before I Go to Sleep tells the story of Christine Lucas, who is trying to piece back her life after suffering an accident that has caused her to have anterograde amnesia. Chrissy can remember everything that happens to her during the day but as soon as she goes into a deep sleep, her brain goes into delete mode resulting in Christine waking up next to a stranger. Her memories are not really all gone, her brain just can’t piece the images together.

This book is chilling, watching Christine write in her journal trying to piece together, everything she has missed in her life. The pieces don’t fix and she comes to realise that her life is a lot different than she thinks it is. Making this a gripping read with unexpected twists and turns to keep you reading into the early mornings. I’m really impressed that this is S J Watson’s first novel. Before I Go to Sleep is an addictive read and masterfully written.

I received this book from a friend who told me that I'd enjoy it & I definitely did. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes psychological thrillers; it is a well crafted book that takes you on a thrilling journey, fully of twists and turns. As far as a book is concerned, this one has it all; suspense, mystery, intrigue, violence and romance.

This book is available on Kindle & in all good bookstores & the movie is released in Ireland & the UK around 5th September 2014.

No comments :

Post a Comment